Where do you put temp probe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its standard to have the probe taped exactly in the center right below the CPU die. this is the side where the pins are. the tape you use is designed to take the heat without coming off so don't use household tape. getting the temp on the heatsink is not accurate. the manual will show you how to do it

yeah thats what I told him way up there, the thermal probes I've heard of say you gotta put it under the processor, but that it doesn't necessarily work on all sockets

I taped my brother's on the heatsink, under it near the core - of course, not acutally ON the core.

I checked the readings off his front panel monitor and they were only a degree less than the ones I got from AbitEQ/Speedfan (which are reading from the diode on the motherboard under the cpu.)

Thats probably what I'll do because thast probably the most accurate way to tell aside from putting it under the cpu.

yeah that link is a bit extreme, I'm not gonna use a drimmel on my socket to cut out a line for a probe =/ Fek that. He makes a good point about looking at the little thermal probe underneath the cpu, I'll have to look for mine when my new fan arrives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom