Hey all, VGA problem, need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk92

Beta member
Hey all, im kirk, know very little about computers.

yesterday i purchased a VGA cable to link my TV up to my laptop - Toshiba Satelite with ATI Radeon 9800/9900 series driver.

when i firt plugged it in it worked fine everything was crystal clear, everything was set to 60HZ which was exactlly what my TV needed.

I came for it this morning however, and when i start it up, the boot screen comes up, and then the password screen, but after that the display shuts itself off, i have a Monitor/external monitor switch and it just wont switch.

i have a scart lead to S-switch and that works fine but is in black and white, so surely the resolution and refresh rate is fine for the TV, BUT why wont it workl with my VGA cable?

I have installed Refresh Fix to make sure all resolutions are on 60HZ, and yet still not difference when i re-boot as promted

is there a setting that hasnt been ticked off? or what should i do?

I hope someone can help me, would be much appreciated , thanks!

I recently bought a acer 22 inch monitor for my comp and had the same problem. I used a can of air duster and blew out all the port connecting my monitor and pc started my computer up and then reset it and my monitor worked fine. might try that

tfgenerate.php

As for your question try posting in the releavent section. You will recieve more responses this way!

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Hello Kirk,

As Tkey said please post about your VGA issue in the hardware forum where it belongs to get some responses. Best way to get many people to see it and offer up suggestions.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom