1st 3dMark06 Score... where to go from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can disable speedstep with the processor at stock. When I ran 3dmark 03 on my laptop it ran the entire test with the cpu underclocked to 800mhz from its stock 1.8ghz because of Cool and Quiet (AMD version of speedstep) which caused it to get an extremely low score. Its possible the same thing happened to you.

That was probably due to the powerscheme of the laptop, especially as you said the whole test.

You really should look at the 2 gpu and the cpu test to see whats happening. It will show you the break downs.

Now that i have the full version of 3dmark06 i ran a cpu test trying to get stable at 4ghz, the q6600 cpu test alone scores 6000. So a full test at stock settings i would imagine you should be hitting at bare minimum 3000 on just the cpu. Your system should be pulling in around 8000 i would think.

i thought the whole point of speedstep was for power saving reasons. doesn't it just lower your multiplier from like 9 to 6? and then it supposed to raise it back up the second the cpu is under load? i guess i will disable it and run 3dmark06 again to see if it's any better? also, could my core temps have anything to do with it? my core's are idling at an average of around 37-41.

i thought the whole point of speedstep was for power saving reasons. doesn't it just lower your multiplier from like 9 to 6? and then it supposed to raise it back up the second the cpu is under load? i guess i will disable it and run 3dmark06 again to see if it's any better? also, could my core temps have anything to do with it? my core's are idling at an average of around 37-41.

Thats exactly what it does. It shouldnt affect your scores at all. I have speed step on and still hit 21554 :)

It'll be even higher once someone finds a way to voltmod the 4870 so i can get stable past 825 core. :) Also, i'm going to rerun this weekend on XP, that should bump me over 22k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom