Mixing Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpixel

Daemon Poster
So I currently have 2GB of Kingston (1GBx2) of 667 memory. I am looking at ordering some Corsair 2GB (1GBx2) of 800 clocked memory. the motherboard I have is a P5K-SE. Will this be ok? And I'm not looking at overclocking.

This was the ram I was looking at getting

Amazon.com: Corsair XMS2 2X1GB Kit PC2-6400 800MHz DDR2 (TWIN2X2048-6400): Electronics

The reason for getting it there, was because I have a 30 dollar credit. If that ram will not work, will this ram work?
Amazon.com: Kingston ValueRam 2GB 667MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 DIMM (Kit of 2) Retail Packaging: Electronics

Both are fine.. just make sure both have around the same voltage, or you put them in separate dual-channel slots

Yeah, The only problems you will probably run into is not being able to overclock very much, having settings to satisfy both types of ram, and the speed of the ram will favor towards the slower clock.

I've done it before and I've not run into any problems.
Enjoy 4gb!! :laughing:

thats wat i had to do with the build i recently sold, like alex said, finding the equilibrium of both sets is the main part, in mu case the ram was fairly different, patriot 2.3v opposed to gskill 1.8/9. so i downclocked the patriot a bit and kept my gskill o/c at a higher voltage.

yeah, the 800 clocked ram will just default and run at 667 with the others. the 667 is 1.8v and the 800 is 1.9v and your mobo is 1.8v by default so both should run together with no tweaking, BUT... 2gb is plenty, and if I were you I would just ditch the kingstons completely, and run the XMS2's at 800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom