*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

you needa brick that e7200 and get something better!!

Don't tempt me I just built this... Was going to hold out later for an upgraded CPU and GPU for my next upgrade... I just got the new GPU about a year early...

pick up an e8500 or q6600

but in the end it all comes down to... is it performing the way you want... if so.. then who cares about upgrading

e7200 rocks man.. why would you want more?!

because... i like more :)

i'm a greedy man

hey vern... i might buy a new gpu friday...

so pm me all ur address and that good stuff... i'll send you my x1900xtx whenever i get my new card

e7200 rocks man.. why would you want more?!

It does what I want right now... It really performs great and at this point I don't have any reason to get a quad so when I was putting this build together I saw the clock speeds people were able to get with the 7200 and it looked like the best bang for my buck...

nice scores shan and veedub.

Shan, r u sure u can't get any higher out of that cpu for a few more tests?

It's running pretty hot as it is... I don't plan on keeping at 4.1 for 24/7 use so I don't know possibly tonight I could "play" some more... Just a little scared to fry it....

Side note:

I was trying to address my heat issues and was looking at my hsf (Xigmatek rifle)... Found that one leg wasn't attached fully to the board.. I pulled the board and fixed the issue. When putting everything back I was installing the first 2 gig stick of memory and I can't really explain what happened, it's like the heatsink pulled away from the strip and took all the IC's with it... So I ended up with a stick of ram in the slot with now IC's on it... WTF!!!

So I'm running on 2gig with Vista right now... Not sure what that will do to my benchies... I haven't noticed much of a difference in performance but it really pi$$ed me off to have it fall apart like that...

2gb and 4gb makes almost no difference in 3dmark. I actually got my first 20k+ with only 2gb in.

Back
Top Bottom