*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

Atleast its good in games which is what counts more...

ATi switched the guns:

- HD 2900 series- did great in synthetic benches, completely failed in actual gaming
- HD 3800 series- they did better in games and synthetic benches than the HD 2900 series, but nVidia still beat them
- HD 4800 series- flipped their old way of competing

from what i understand.. all uuber overclockers take the 2900 over the 3870 (that being people like shamino and kinc)

i think clock for clock they just had better results in 3dmark.. can't really remember.. shamino mentioned something...

anywho.. i'm still stumped as to what gpu i wanna get.. and i'm glad my x1900xtx came around and decided to work normally.. now i can play bioshock again

Ya its fine, like I've said already many times (not directed at you though, well I did say it in your thread before I merged that here..)

ATi's newest series perform meh in 3dmark06 and perform well in games (reciprocal for 2xxx and 38xx)

Okay good, I don't really care that much about scores, as long as it handles applications and games fine.

I had to run 1.6v through the cpu to get it to complete the cpu tests. No matter what i did, i cant get the video cards to complete at 850 core. Really need a volt mod as the cards arent running hot at all. Although running at 1.6v on the cpu, 100% load temps hit around 69C.

Back
Top Bottom