Help with GTX 260

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mufasa99

Solid State Member
I started my new gaming build recently, and just finished today.

I am running the following on a Corsair 750w PSU:

4 120mm fans
2 90 mm fans
WD 640 GB HDD
Q6700
GTX 260
G- Skill 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2
And random LED's/ Fan controllers/ DVD drives

The problem I have is that my GTX 260 will not start up. I know this because the fan does not start. I am sure I have affixed both 6 pin molex' firmly to it. I assume that it is DOA, but if I just missed something, would someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction. Perhaps not enough power from the PSU, incorrect wiring, maybe even an on/off switch I missed :freak:
Thanks for your help.

You know it isn't working because the fan won't turn on? If it wasn't working completely, you wouldn't be getting any display on your monitor. I guess there may be a defect in the fan on the card. I don't believe there is an on/off switch.. How do you know the fan isn't working? Are you feeling the exhaust port on the card for air coming out, or are you looking at the fan, and seeing that it won't spin, or perhaps do you see that your gpu temps are sky high.

I have done all of the things you mentioned. I feel no air coming out from the exhaust, I do not see the spin fanning, and you are correct, I get no display on the monitor. So, I guess it's just a DOA?

Try what Direland said. Also make sure that your monitor is plugged in correctly. I've noticed that at stock fan speeds (about 30%) you can't really feel air coming out the exhaust on the card. (at least for my card) I kick my fan up to 80% though :)

If it still decides not to work then I guess you have some DOA hardware on your hands

For some reason unknown to me, the card powered up this morning. Alas, the technology gods are not with me, and it looks like I have a dead motherboard on my hands, after careful testing of all other parts.

For some reason unknown to me, the card powered up this morning. Alas, the technology gods are not with me, and it looks like I have a dead motherboard on my hands, after careful testing of all other parts.

ive had situatiosn like that where windows lost a cirtical fyle and i couldnt boot i was ****ed, tried to reeboot 4/5 times walked away o****ed came back 2 hours later to toruble shoot and to my wonder it booteed fine, and kept on working after that.

I have quite a mysterious problem with my graphics card. I know that my motherboard is faulty, but my graphics card simply refuses to power up ONLY when I am at home. At various friends' and technicians' locations, it will, but only when I attempt to start it up at home will it fail to. Perhaps this is due to my electircal outlet (a stupid guess)? Also, my own PSU has been used in every one of these tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom