budget rig (Apoko please post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baron5

Fully Optimized
as u most prob no i sold my q6600,8800gtx rig and am im set on making a budget till hold me off untill about q1 for bloomfields. since i live in australia i need sites form their to get the best build for about 650 aus. this what i have in mind.

e2180
ep-43-ds3l
earthwatts 380w
gskill pq 4gb
8800gs (gigabyte :( )
nsk 4000 case
TR true (noone sells rifle)
tx-2

one thing i would like is not the gigabyte gs but its the only gs at umart.com.au and all other sites are too expensive. it doesnt have the normal nice cooling, onlt the standard fan, although im not too sure how much difference this would make for temps anyone? if u have one.

basically everything is from Online Computer Store - Umart online® Your one stop Computer Shop for computer parts,notebook and new system except for paste and cooler which is from PC Case Gear, Quality case accessories and components. all comes to about 680 which i can live with. the reason i have in there apoko is u live in australia and was hoping u could maybe either modify my build for cheaper prices within australia, or give me the thumbs up that i wont get any cheaper.

thanks, please post xD last thread had no replys

So what u guys think?

I have it at 2.8ghz on stock voltage 24/7 and it idles in the low 30's and never goes over 57c running orthos. I have had it up to 3.33ghz with 1.485v for benchmarking but the the temps were a little to high for me to be comfortable running it like that all the time. Mine has a VID of 1.325 which isn't that great so you may get one that can overclock farther.

My e2180 could hit 3.3ghz with a cheap cooler and sloppy settings. I don't remember the voltage but its not high.
Build looks good to me. Similar to mine and my comp runs games great.

i hoping to hit mid-high 3's.

i was thinking of amd, only thing is wen i came into computers amd was out, and c2d was in so never had need of learning about amd, which mobo and x2 combo would i be looking at? isnt the 5000+ rec.

thats wat i was going to say, unles he rec. sumthing even cheaper. but out of curiosity which, mobo is good for overclocking amd's?

also found good deal on nsk4480B solution, which is pretty much black version of nsk 4000 with earthwatts 380w for about 30 dollarsc heaper. im also going to go with 2gb of ram for now since aultimatley 4gb wont make any gaming difference. i know theres not much difference between the p43 and p45, they are both good for overclocking, unless u buy msi board of course xD.

I guess the 780g boards are good for overclocking AMD's but I'm not sure.

p43 and 2gb of ram should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom