BSod And Hardware Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaarenoc

Baseband Member
I'm Using WinXP. Windows boots up to the point where you have to click on your username, when you do click windows tries to reboot. It just repeats and now the BSoD comes up. I'm getting a Buffer Overrun code. 0x000000F7. I've removed all cards from the PCI slot. I have 2 sticks of ram and I've tried switching them, running with just one stick. Unplugged the CD-ROM and the floppy drive. None of this helps. I wanted to try a new install of WinXP but the system won't pick up the installation CD even though it is the 1st boot device in BIOS. A little help from my friends :)

I did remove a lot of malware with Spyware Search & Destroy. It din't resolve anything. I tried to reinstall the OS but it wouldn't recognize my CD-Rom. The cd-rom is on an IDE cable by itself and is the secondary master. Anyway I reformated the Hard Drive with Microscope. Put the WinXP Pro CD in and it still won't recognize it, not even from a dos prompt. Microscope says the cd-rom is good. What's next? :)

I reformatted the hard drive again and partitioned it but the system won't recognize the cd-rom.

I finally got a "click any key to boot from cd-rom" but half way through the install it asked for CD #2. Since there is only one disk it just stuck there. I reformated the hard drive again and tried a different WinXP Pro installation CD, but once again it just states, "Operating system not found."

Sometimes I get a "Disk Input/Output Error" from the floppy. And the cd-rom works intermittently too.
Could some kind of controller on the motherboard be bad?

I downloaded the winxp startdisk set (6 diskettes) but it gets to the 4th disk and says there is a file missing, setup can't continue?

Doug

This problem was solved by replacing the cd-rom and the floppy cable. Then I reinstalled the OS.

Thanks for your help.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom