Beta member
my sister just got a new laptop from bestbuy its the toshiba satellite:
processor:intel core 2 duo mobile
speed:2GHz
screen:15.4"
ram:4gb ddr2
hard drive:320gb
with built in wireless and webcam for $950
there's more but i didn't feel like typing it all out....

the reason im asking is because in a few months possibly at the beginning of the year i wanna get a laptop, i wanted to spend no more than 1k, and wanted to get the best pc for my money. i know by the beginning of the year this will probrally be out dated but im still curious.

Hello,

That is a great laptop for that price. C2D with 4GB of RAM will run anything just about with no lag at all. Go for it.

Cheers,
Mak

That list of specs encompasses thousands of laptops. You gotta dig little deeper to see if it really is a good deal.

There are several relevant things when buying a computer that aren't on the list. What will the computer be used for? If gaming, then you'd want to pay special attention to the laptop's graphics adapter to see if it meets the requirements.

What kind of optical drive does it come with?
Are full versions of any applications included?
What other features does it have like a webcam, fingerprint scanner, memory card slots, wireless networking protocol (Is it 802.11a/b/g or 802.11n)?
How heavy is it? And what's the screen size?

I agree, what video card does it have. If it isnt immediately listed it will most likely be a X3100 or GMA900/950.

Maybe the video card is not that important to the user? If it is going to be used for school work and Office then a integreated card will be just fine.

Same thing for the full software. Why does it matter? Almost every system comes with a trial and thru a Uni they can get full versions cheap. So why would it matter what software came with it if they are going to replace it.

Also weight and screen size might not be a issue to this user. So many things brought up but none of them relavant to the original question. Is this hte best value for hte money under $1,000.

YES.

Simple answer. Not many laptops under $1000 will give you a C2D with 4GB of RAM, 320GB HDD and built in Webcam. Best value for the money.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom