overclocking temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
hey everyone

i've just started to OC my system (in sig) but doing it bit by bit, i've just knocked it up to 2.8 (312x9) and prime95 it for 10 mins

the thing is 2 of the cored hit between 56c to 59c on full load and the other 2 hit 52c to 56c on full load

now after that i got these temps

does this seem right

also i've left the vcore on auto, should i set it my self or leave it

It's usually best to set the vcore yourself as you can better tune in what is actually needed. Auto is going to tend to overvolt it for better stability.

any chance you could give me a quick run though of what to change

i've managed to get it to 2.8 but anything past that it just will not work at all, it post's but then restarts it's self a few times then resets everything

What are you using to cool it? Thats going to determine how much voltage and how high of an overclock you'll be able to get. I run my q6600 at 1.4v and 3.6ghz but i had a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme and now water, so cooling isnt really an issue for my chip.

If you are on stock cooling, you probably wont be able to push it much past 3.0 without temps getting out of control pretty quick.

i have a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 PRO, i would me more then happy to hit 3.0 or 3.2 and stick at that

core temp is telling me that the heat at the min is 33c - 38c on the hole thing, its been on the last few houre doing light useage (downloads, music, vids and internet use)

Could be your 4Gig of ram? Might not have enough power for all 4Gig.

I had forgot to De-auto my Vcore, and It went high, raise my temp 5C because of it.

Temp difference... Did you build yourself? and was the paste even?

i didnt bild this pc my self (even though i wish i did) but i do know i had a foulty mobo that had to be replaced, they gave me the same energy saveing model the GA-EP35-DS3R so the heat sink got layed on twice

i dont know if they put some thermal compound on but there was some on the bottom of the heatsink but as i said it got put on twice

i have 4gb of ram yeah but i also have a 750TX in my rig :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom