water cooling advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dainius

In Runtime
Ive already got the d5 laing vario , dtek cpu block, and a 240 rad. Would going to the gtx360 yield good temps? I am also wanting to run tri sli with these cards running the hydrocopper blocks... and I guess im retarded but i dont understand how the compressed fittings work... better in the long run and cleaner looking i guess... i guess what I am asking is what would I need to run good temps for cpu and cards with a soon to be QX 9650 OC'ed to around 4.2

Wait, you want to run 3 gtx280"s and a quad core on a 240mm radiator and expect good temps?...

Roflmao.

You going to need at least a Thermochill PA120.3, maybe even 2. Or if you don't care about noise a GTX480 with some med/high speed fans should work.

pa120.3 I hear is a great rad... what fans would be good to mount to that thing? like what cfm? and the gtx480 is gonna bigger than I want to go lol... with the 240 i have and just the cpu block at about 3.6 im running about 39 at idle and around 50 at load... want a little cooler to OC some more...

I'm running 2 4870s on a swiftech 320 and getting idle temps of 37 and 41, and these run cooler than the gtx280. You are going to need bare minimum a 320mm rad.

The PA series goes best with low to med speed fans, The Yate Loon Medium speeds are great bang for buck Petra's Tech Shop

So your running just your cpu on the 240 and you idle at 40C?

For those threee GTX280's your going to need at a minimum a 320. FOr both cpu/gpus your looking at 2 pa120.3's

I would then advise you to run 2 separate loops each with it's own pump, radiator, res/t-line.

pa120.3 I hear is a great rad... what fans would be good to mount to that thing? like what cfm? and the gtx480 is gonna bigger than I want to go lol... with the 240 i have and just the cpu block at about 3.6 im running about 39 at idle and around 50 at load... want a little cooler to OC some more...
the Black Ice GTX radiators need high speed fans to work best. the Thermochill PA series are designed for low speed fans, and will outperform the Black Ice GTX radiators very significantly with low speed fans.
the GTX series will catch up with higher speed fans, but for it to outperform the Thermochill, your fans will have to be quite fast/loud.

I'm currently using a PA120.3 on my 6000+ (120W TDP), which keeps it quite cool.
If you want to watercool three GTX 280's (>600W at peak), you'll probably need at least two radiators. Two PA120.3's should do it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom