Shouldnt i be getting better temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya i'm going by what CCC is telling me for temps. Maybe i should boot up ati tool and check it there.

Although you should of cleaned out your rads anyways, that should not effect your temps, or at least not enough to notice...

That does seem high.... I would expect like 30-40c's idle and mid 60's load MAX... and you haven't OC'd yet right? how high is your pump turned up?

Pump was full blast, i actually just turned it down to 3 over the weekend cause it was actually running a bit faster than needed.

Something has to be wrong. 1 gpu is idling at 75.5 and the other at 55C according to gpu-z. Also why does it show gpu #3? But there is definately a different between the temps of the 2 cards when you touch the back. Going to pull them and recheck that the waterblocks are making good contact and adjust the fans so that both cards are getting air blown over them to cool the ram and mosfets.

Ok, not exactly sure WHAT i did, but now i'm idling at 37 and 42. I remounted the gpu block on the 2nd card and slightly adjusted the block on the other card. Only thing i can think of is that i might have over tightened the blocks and bowed the cards so that the gpu wasnt making good contact.

Oddly enough, the gpus are running cooler than my processor :(
at stock 2.4ghz i'm running 39/36/35/36 with 80F ambient.

ya, my stock temps are doing pretty good these days... its gotten cooler for some reason, i think my paste finally spread... the other day at stock i was 29-32 on all cores at idle...but now the cpu is gone... out to inferno... nice temps..

this e8500 is gonna work me wonders, yay!! can't wait to start using this thing... i'm installing windows now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom