Video Card causing computer to Crash-Freeze-Restart ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vietxquangstah

Beta member
i've been having these problems with my computer where it would just crash automaticall restart or just freeze and the sound that comes through my speakers while its frozen is just like a buzzing noise looping over and over.

and all this ONLY occurs when i'm playing a game.

for example, when i'm on the internet browsing, watching videos on you tube, chatting on aim, listening to music, downloading things, the computer is fine, no restarts no nothing at all even if i do all this for 5+ hours.

now when i play a game like runescape, it restarts/froze/crashed<Snipped>

note that it doesn't restart as soon as i turn the game on, it usually lets me play for about 5 mins maybe 10 mins tops than it restarts freezes or crashes.

my brother said he thinks its the video card because he said when he bought it, it was a refurbished one.

basic comp specs

ram: 2gb
vid card: geforce 7800 gt
processor: amd athlon 64x2 dual core 5000+ 2.6 ghz

anyone know what the source of this problem could be? i tried downloading and installing the latest drivers already, still doesn't work. same problem.

could it be the graphics card or something else? i'm guessing graphics card since its refurbished...but anyone else know?

Hello,

Did you remove the old drivers? Use Driver cleaner pro to remove all your nvidia drivers then reinstall the latest ones.

Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com

Also get ATiTool. Could be your video card is getting to hot.

ATITool - Overclocking utility for ATI and NVIDIA cards

Check your temps. Make sure your cideo card is not overheating. As that could also be the issue.

Cheers,
Mak

thanks for the tips. i downloaded Driver Cleaner Pro like you said and ran it. i told it to clean up my nVidia drives and a problem happend. driver cleaner pro said it finished than i went and opened my game up. as soon as i did that, the game automatically minimized and it said somethin about run dll error? i clicked ok and tried to run the game again, but same problem.

i restarted my computer and than on my side panel it said "network card unavailable" than the icon on my network showed a red x meaning i wasn't connected to the internet. that lasted a whole 5-6 hours until i finally went to system maintenance and did a system restore.

my computer was restored and everything is perfect now. i don't even get connected from any games. have yet to experience a freeze random reboot or crash.

i guess without your help, i wouldn't have been able to fix my problem haha

Hello,

Sorry i should have mentioned that you should have restarted the PC after running Driver Cleaner Pro.

Glad that all is working well. If you have anymore questions, comments or concerns please stop back.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom