Are gaming mouse and keyboard worth the extra cash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love both my MX518 and my Lachesis. I can't stand using a cheaper mouse now... They're both much more sensitive to movements.

Apok, I agree with you. A mouse can make the difference. Sure, if you have a cheaper mouse and you're good, you'll play good. But if you have a quality mouse, and you're good, you'll be better. You'll have to move your hand less to move the pointer on the screen in order to look around, and the more sensitive the mouse, the easier it is to move around/get potential kills.

Or you can just turn the sensitivity up in the game and adapt.

Very little difference applies to the extra buttons. Some games warrant themselves to more than 3 available buttons on a mice, but again a keyboard still works more than fine. In general I find the extra buttons to be more of a nuisance though.
See, I wasn't talking about just having extra buttons. Though they can help.
I have my knife button on my mouse in COD4, and at the LAN's I go to, I can annoy people with how fast I can react with the knife.

Also yes, if I can perform the same or better than someone with a gaming mouse when I'm using a crappy mouse there is no reason why their game skill should revolve around a 60 dollar mouse when it obviously isn't doing the trick they say it is doing.
But if two people are equally skilled, but one has a more accurate mouse, he can probably gain an edge.

Also the point comes down to this, since when does getting an extra kill or two actually make you more of a gamer or even appreciate the game more?
Okay, now it looks like you're trying to change the discussion a bit here. You claimed that an accurate mouse isn't going to make much of a difference. But in actual fact, it can.
I had just as much fun playing a game when I won it as opposed to getting in second or third place (I actually have more fun when I'm not winning).
And some people have more fun if they do better.
Getting a mouse just so you think you might have a better chance at getting a few more kills a day just seems like a joke to me.
What if it's more than "a few more kills"?
It's not like you have to keep paying for a mouse over and over again. The fact is, a fast and accurate mouse is better. And I like things that are better.

Or you can just turn the sensitivity up in the game and adapt.
and lose accuracy in the process.

in the end its all about how comfortable you get with your hardware,

when you know your mouse like the back of your hand,
you know exactly how much to move to get pointer from A to B

just get something comfortable in your hands ;)

i love playing FEAR combat online. and recently i sold my build and swaped from my g15/g7 down to my hp optical mouse. So lats night i thought i decided ill have a go on my old comp, i never played so ****** in my life. Even after tweaking the sensitivity its still hopeless. The keyboard take way to long to respond, but i agree with vernong any decent keyboard will do,but comfortableness is very important!

also agree with the mouse, any mouse just doesnt cut it, i went for a g7 (wireless0 but i wish had gone for a g5 as swapping batts does get annoying, or even better maybe a copperhead :) i love sensistvity and it makes u so much better at gaming, once u get used to it to take advantage. also i found mouse pads are important also, (to extent) a crappy old sponge with do u any good, as long as its a nice one desgined for gaming and provides you with a lesser friction slide.

I own these mice:
Logitech MX510, G3, G5, G5 2007, G7, Razer Lachesis

Out of all the mice, I'm using the Lachesis.
It takes more getting used to compared to the logitech mice, but it's a very accurate mouse and is great for gaming. Its 4000DPI sensor will give it an edge over the others.

If you don't want to spend as much, the G5 2007 is still a great mouse though.

not tryin to thread jack but apokalipse wanna sell one of them mice? :D

ok aaronkupen, let me put the reason WHY A GAMING MOUSE is better then a cheapo mouse

1.) a good laser mouse registers what it is going over, meaning that it will be more accurate then say a ball mouse that has no registering capabilities.

2.) better glide, meaning a smoother glide, meaning a kill is swift without bump meaning better accuracy.

3.) better response time

4.) just raising the sensitivity in a game cuts down on accuracy, so having dpi settings on a gaming mouse means faster speed, with better accuracy, so i can spin around and have u killed, while you are still aligning your aim on me.

5.) you keep talking about how more buttons don't do anything, well one that is not the things about a gaming mouse that gives you an edge, but buttons do give u another advantage, instead of say hitting 3 to get to a different weapon, or changing fireing modes, switching view modes (night vision, thermal) you can just move your fingures slightly to achieve that action with far less time involved, meaning you have time to do that when you are in the heat of battle instead of keeping on say, a sniper rifle, in close quarters battle.

6.) gaming mice feel more natural in your hand, meaning it isn't bothering you how uncomfortable in your hand it is. Gaming mice have special types of grip's for traction, so you hand will always do what it's supposed to instead of slipping.

your argument is completely appalling as you have probably not used many gaming mice and it is all based on your opinion.

I love having the mouse sensitivity on the mouse. I can flip between DPI settings on the mouse itself. Also, you'd be amazed at what having a good smooth mousepad will do for you.

I've used 'em all... ball mice, cheap optical, decent MS optical, Diamondback, Lachesis. huge difference between each and every one.

I can put it this way. A Chevette, a Lumina, a Caprice, a Camaro, and a Corvette will all get you where you want to go. Each step up gives you a better ride and more speed. Each one also costs more than the next. Gaming mice are the same way.

Would I (willingly) go back to a crappy mouse? Not on your life. Even if I never played another game I would not go back. I have to use a crappy optical at work and it drives me nuts. I can cover my entire screen at home with a 3"x3" area with my Lachesis.

I've used 'em all... ball mice, cheap optical, decent MS optical, Diamondback, Lachesis. huge difference between each and every one.

I can put it this way. A Chevette, a Lumina, a Caprice, a Camaro, and a Corvette will all get you where you want to go. Each step up gives you a better ride and more speed. Each one also costs more than the next. Gaming mice are the same way.

Would I (willingly) go back to a crappy mouse? Not on your life. Even if I never played another game I would not go back. I have to use a crappy optical at work and it drives me nuts. I can cover my entire screen at home with a 3"x3" area with my Lachesis.

I went from a Caprice to a Chevette... that hurt..

EDIT: maybe Apok would be willing to let you buy one of his extra mice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom