Cd Rom Wont Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiAl

Beta member
Hi Everyone, help needed!

I am running Win2K. When I try to read a CD ROM or DVD (on IDE) nothing happens. when I go to explorer and go to the drive the message "disk in drive not formatted, do you want to format". I still can read and burn CDR still using Nero. Tried using a USB DVD with same error message. Reinstalled drivers/devices and downloaded win2k service pack 4. Bought new data cable. Anyone with ideas?

Thanks

Is the cd-rom drive showing up in "my computer" or is nero just burning to like a "ghost" drive.. Like I don't know if it's possible, but maybe nero sees the drive even though the jumper settings are wrong *shrugs* This is just crap coming outta my head right now.. anyways, just check the jumpers and all the connections, make sure everything is correct

Thanks fot that

Yes both cdrom drives showing in my computer and rechecked all jumpers and connections a thousand times

Thanks

Yes I have and I think this is where the problem is. Nero has a little utility that checks ASPI and says all OK. Nero uses it own, I guess thats why the drives work when you use Nero. What ASPI do you need and are they mostly generic? Or do you need specific ones for specific drives?

Appreciate any help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom