Got my $$$, Now time to order...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to get my 4800 up to 3ghz with a not so good OC'ing board so who knows... I post some pics when it's built... I get everything tomorrow except the case.. That is supposed to come Friday...

Well I got everything except the case today. That will come tomorrow..

Now I remember what it was like on Christmas morning when I was little...:)

computer_stuff.jpg

computer_stuff2.jpg

Is it gay to be taking pics at this stage???

yea...i'm sure if you need to you could loosen the timings on the RAM to get it to go a little farther

You were right on the timings... I got it up to 3.8ghz and that seemed to be it.. I bumped the timings to 5-5-5-12 and now I've got 4.1ghz...

I also just ordered another 4870 to crossfire... Not sure that was a good idea... Kinda addicted at this point..

it will work, however it only has 2 6pin connectors, and a single HD4870 requires 2 alrdy so you won't be able to crossfire down the road, if you get the corsair 750tx or the xigmatek i posted, they have 2x 6pins, and 2x 8 pins...

the AERO interface is the eye candy of vista
my bad i didnt account for the connectors, just whether or not it would run. good work AP4. nah pictures are fine, i was that excited my first time too xd. GSKILL PI ram, ive been hearing good things bout them, how are they for overclocking if youve tried?

my bad i didnt account for the connectors, just whether or not it would run. good work AP4. nah pictures are fine, i was that excited my first time too xd. GSKILL PI ram, ive been hearing good things bout them, how are they for overclocking if youve tried?

I haven't done much with them really.. Look sweet though... I'm running 1:1... I had the timmings at 4-4-4-12 when I oc'd to 3.8ghz but anything more than that and I had to open them up a little...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom