Moving My Liquid Cooled System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikkon

In Runtime
September is approching which means its time to move back to school. This summer I added a Danger Den liquid cooling system to my computer. Common sense tells me that I should drain the system before I move it around too much. However, it just seems a little wastful that whenever i need to move my computer around I will need to drain it (Lan parties are going to be a big problem :confused: ). I was just wondering how safe/dangerous it is to move a liquid cooled system around WITHOUT draining it.

Thanks

I often drag mine too and from LANÂ’s with the water cooling system in place. Chances are, its less strain on the mobo than a bloody great copper heatsink anyway.

I think hes worried more about leaks... which is what I would be with my watercooling system. I havent taken mine to lan parties YET.

My friend who sold me my watercooling system would take his to lan parties all the time without any problems. Just run your pump for a while after you transported it to make sure its not leaking anywhere. Just keep everything clamped tight.

as long as u dont throw it around i think it experiances greater pressure when its running than wut u could do by moving it a bit

It might be a good idea to invest in a very large bag that can hold your case and water cooling at the same time. Then you can just throw it all in this big bag and carry it about :)

when going to lans put the computer behind the passenger seat, then push the seat all the way back and tilt it all the way back. The computer wont move and you shouldnt have problems with leaks. Thats what i have done.

I have a two seat sports car (theres no room behind the drivers seat). Good idea though.

ICS said:
when going to lans put the computer behind the passenger seat, then push the seat all the way back and tilt it all the way back. The computer wont move and you shouldnt have problems with leaks. Thats what i have done.

This is what I have done too, just make sure you dont hit any potholes (I live in the country)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom