My first build! Help me make it a good one :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the suggestions man, I was thinking about getting one of the Saitek Eclipse keyboards and something simple for the mouse. As for the power supply are there any good inexpensive modular ones out there?

The cool master 690 is an awesome case, I love mine. Plus I don't understand your decision not to get a video card? If your doing art and watching movies its probably the most important part you could buy

Photoshop doesn't require a good Video Card, I thought its more CPU dependent, and for movies, a cheap 8 series that has PureVideo2 (removes Video Stress from the CPU and loads it on the GPU), like 8400gs or something is cheap and would work with those features

Well that's one of the reasons I picked the mother board I did cause it has a better inboard graphics chip then most... or so I think o_O .

@tommy_boy_07: Good to hear that you like the case, from waht I can tell I'm going to like it aswell but there are some questions I have about it if you don't mind me asking. Like those two extruded lines running down each side of the case, what are they made of(metal, plexi) and can they be easily removed? Also how thick is the case door? If you can't tell I don't plan on leaving this case stock :D

If you do a lot of multi-tasking like you said, a Q6600 will be perfect for you.

And if you are doing a lot of photoshopping/graphic-wise things on your computer, I'd highly recommend a video card.

photoshop doesnt have a 3d api. it only runs on the processor and ram... so 4870x2 in quadruple sli will run at the same speed as integrated graphics, unless of course youre displaying at some ridiculously high resolution...

photoshop Doesnt Have A 3d Api. It Only Runs On The Processor And Ram... So 4870x2 In Quadruple Sli Will Run At The Same Speed As Integrated Graphics, Unless Of Course Youre Displaying At Some Ridiculously High Resolution...

|
\/

photoshop Doesn't Require A Good Video Card, I Thought Its More Cpu Dependent, And For Movies, A Cheap 8 Series That Has Purevideo2 (removes Video Stress From The Cpu And Loads It On The Gpu), Like 8400gs Or Something Is Cheap And Would Work With Those Features

;)

Ok so far I think I like what I have but I still need help finding a good cpu cooler (< $30)and psu (maybe around $50?). Here's the motherboard so you can see I cant have a wide cpu cooler because of that XFX heatsink:

P450-9110-out2c-hl.jpg

As far as the psu I need something that can power everything I have plus whatever I add to the system(leds, fans, fan controllers, more hdds, etc.)

Thanks for everyones help so far!

My friend has a Dell Precision Dual Xeon and i'm thinking about buying it from him but I wanted to know if anyone knew anything about these comps first. He said that it has two processors so maybe I could just get this and save myself some money.

anyone? He has a couple other computers that I'm considering aswell as this one, if I go this route it'll save me lots of money which means I can get a better, bigger moniter :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom