OBSCURE GOOGLE Search Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattew

Banned
here are some few search tricks in google . well i am sure that some of them u may know and some not or may be all of them ... but i think its still better to post it on...

1.TIME (starting with the simple one)
well i u have to set the right time u have just goto type
time & cities place.
u will get to know the time (simple one many can check out their desktop time itself)

2.Track Flight Status
Enter the airline and flight number into the Google search box and get back the arrival and departure times right inside Google's search results

3.Remove affiliate links from product searches
When you're sick of seeing duplicate product search results from the likes of eBay, Bizrate, Pricerunner, and Shopping.com, clear 'em out by stacking up the -site:ebay.com -site:bizrate.com -site:shopping.com operator

4.Converter:
Google's powerful built-in converter calculator can help you out whether you're cooking dinner, traveling abroad, or building a PC.How many seconds there are in a year (seconds in a year) or how many euros there are to five dollars (5 USD in Euro). For the geekier set, bits in kilobytes (155473 bytes in kilobytes) and numbers in hex or binary (19 in binary) are also pretty useful.

5.search musics and files
this one is one of the most advanced search tricks and will take u to the parent directory of the website giving u the ost correct details...
the search is something like this
if i want to search some music in mp3 or ,p4 or avi or ne format then
on the google bar type
intitle"indexof"(mp3|mp4|avi) pocket.of.sunshine
this will search in the index pages the next which i have intitled in the brakcet is the typs of format to search for
and finally comes the name of the music file i.e pocket of sunshine
remeber to specify dots after each word to enhance the search results.

similary u can type with different formats and stlyes to get the desired results...

well this wat i know about the search tricks i would appreciate if ne one would like to append it more or modify it...

well if u want to know more about searching in google then visit
Google Guide Quick Reference: Google Advanced Operators (Cheat Sheet)
its very helpful

well dude when u r using the advanced search techniques just be carefull ..
since there is no way to stop spamming n other stuffs be carefull in choosing the right link or else u will be navigated to entirely different n crap stuff.

there r some more i would like to share:

if u r seraching somehting in particular sites then u can use
1. inurl "the url link" "the word to be searched "
well i am not sure how far its accurate but works most of the time.

well u r right its the
inurl and then the word

taking this o the next level...

if u wanna search some stuffs from the education sites there r very few chances of them being get becuz half of the things is been circulated only withing the college students being a outside member u can t access them

site:.edu intitle"index.of" filetype:pdf

site:mit.edu intitle"index.of" mp3 lecture

site:.edu filetype:pdf calculus

these r the few examples to fetch desired results play with them and u can do lots of things with them

if u find ne more like this plzz append it in this thread....

If I may contribute the Church of Google's Tips and Tricks.

Church of Google said:
Basic Usage:

* Use quotation marks ” “ to locate an entire string.
eg. “Church Of Googlism" will only return results with that exact string.

* Mark essential words with a +
If a search term must contain certain words or phrases, mark it with a + symbol. eg: +”bill gates” conference will return all results containing “bill gates” but not necessarily those pertaining to a conference.

* Negate unwanted words with a -
You may wish to search for the term bass, pertaining to the fish and be returned a list of music links as well. To narrow down your search a bit more, try: bass -music. This will return all results with “bass” and NOT “music”.

General Tips: (I use many of these almost on a daily basis)

* spell:word
Runs a spell check on your word

* define:word
Returns the definition of the word

* stocks: [symbol, symbol, etc]
Returns stock information . eg. stock: goog

* maps:
A shortcut to Google Maps

* phone: name_here
Attempts to lookup the phone number for a given name

* weather:
Used to find the weather in a particular city. eg. weather: new york

Advanced Tips:

* filetype:
Does a search for a specific file type, or, if you put a minus sign (-) in front of it, it won't list any results with that filetype. Try it with .mp3, .mpg or .avi if you like.

* daterange:
Is supported in Julian date format only. 2452384 is an example of a Julian date.

* allinurl:
If you start a query with [allinurl:], Google will restrict the results to those with all of the query words in the url. For instance, [allinurl: google search] will return only documents that have both “google” and “search” in the url.

* inurl:
If you include [inurl:] in your query, Google will restrict the results to documents containing that word in the url. For instance, [inurl:google search] will return documents that mention the word “google” in their url, and mention the word “search” anywhere in the document (url or no). Note there can be no space between the “inurl:” and the following word.

* allintitle:
If you start a query with [allintitle:], Google will restrict the results to those with all of the query words in the title. For instance, [allintitle: google search] will return only documents that have both “google” and “search” in the title.

* intitle:
If you include [intitle:] in your query, Google will restrict the results to documents containing that word in the title. For instance, [intitle:google search] will return documents that mention the word “google” in their title, and mention the word “search” anywhere in the document (title or no). Note there can be no space between the “intitle:” and the following word.

* allinlinks:
Searches only within links, not text or title.

* allintext:
Searches only within text of pages, but not in the links or page title.

* bphonebook:
If you start your query with bphonebook:, Google shows U.S. business white page listings for the query terms you specify. For example, [ bphonebook: google mountain view ] will show the phonebook listing for Google in Mountain View.

* phonebook:
If you start your query with phonebook:, Google shows all U.S. white page listings for the query terms you specify. For example, [ phonebook: Krispy Kreme Mountain View ] will show the phonebook listing of Krispy Kreme donut shops in Mountain View.

* rphonebook:
If you start your query with rphonebook:, Google shows U.S. residential white page listings for the query terms you specify. For example, [ rphonebook: John Doe New York ] will show the phonebook listings for John Doe in New York (city or state). Abbreviations like [ rphonebook: John Doe NY ] generally also work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom