ram voltages and speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
hey guys i just got a kit of Kingston HyperX DDR2-800 KHX6400D2K2/4G and the problem i'm having is that in the bios it says that my ram is running at 667MHz and in Everest it says my ram's voltage is at 1.8V which the normal voltage is 2V. I also want to know how do I check the voltages in the bios where in my motherboard (GA-965P-DS3) it only shows 'OK' and not the actual voltage.

try going to the pc health section in the bios, most if not all boards have that, and there should be a thing for voltages, check it there.

yea there is but it doesn't show the actual voltages it just shows OK which I assume that the it is not undervoltaged or overvoltaged. Anyways why is my bios showing up that the RAM is at 667MHz when the new 1 is 800MHz?

ok ok then but im planning to overclock it so what would be a good timing and voltages for it? do i also need to up the voltages for fsb? i tried upping the ddr2 and vcore voltage by a bit but i cant overclock it too far

ugh ok here are some screenshots and also cpuz is reporting that i have a pc2-5300 (333MHz) instead of pc2-6400 which should be 800MHz and I double checked on the label on the RAM when i bought it which says pc2-6400. Is this some kind of trick for higher speed RAMs or is the bios stupid to recognize that it is a pc2-5300 RAM. My motherboard supports up to 1066MHz but I have been using 667MHz RAM before which the bios may be thinking that it still has the 667MHz RAM.

(I have changed the frequency of the RAM from 667 to 800 by changing the multiplier and it hasn't been overclocked yet.)

If these images don't work try looking it at another time (I use my own web server to host these images)
cpuz.bmp

cpuz2.bmp

cpuz3.bmp

cpuz4.bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom