Big PC problems, need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaanish

Fully Optimized
Im just windering if any of you could help with me with this problem please:

I had been playing a game for a few hours, then the screen suddenly went black, I then proceeded to restart, and the case fans came on, the hard drives span up, I then realised that the HSF fan wasnt spnning, and i looked at the diagnostic LEDs on the motherboard (like a visual post code) and all of them were red and i looked in the mtherboard manual and it says that if that happens then it means processor is damaged or not installed properly =/

what should i do?

thanks for reading guys

well if your HSF fan isn't spinning then the computer won't turn on. You will need to replace the fan in order to cool the CPU in order to use the computer

well if your HSF fan isn't spinning then the computer won't turn on. You will need to replace the fan in order to cool the CPU in order to use the computer

yeah true, but im thinking that the reason that the fan isnt spinning is because the cpu isnt detected in the first place, and that would co-incide with the diagnostic LEDs.

thanks

Umm I could be wrong but I think the fan would be spinning anyway whether the CPU is there or not. Unsure on that.

Would be interesting to know if your motherboard has a diagnostic LED signal for a faulty CPU fan as it would rule that option out. If it doesn't then I would suspect that the LED signal you are getting is for a faulty fan

right the problem is now solved- i tested with a freinds cpu and it worked fine, then inserted mine and it began to work again =/

strange

Humm, that would fit in the "not seated properly" bit then ;)
Unusual for it to just jump out though ;)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

images

I think it was this guy :)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

yes its pretty strange isnt it, well the processor has survived an hour of orthos blend so it seems to be all okay now lol

it is rather strange how the cpu could unwork itself isnt it =/

anyway thanks for your replies guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom