PSU for gtx280 SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
corsair 750tx or 1000tx if you're running a lot of other things off it such as optical drives, hard drives, an overclocked cpu, lots of fans, fan controllers, etc.

nice. A little off topic but I read around and I dont have a video card or monitor yet, but I have my fan/temp controler installed....after getting the obvious error from turning on my computer, my temps are around 29*c, is that a good indication of what I will be around at idle? Also, I sorta installed the CPU fan/sink without replacing the thermal compound...so im trying to get everything right this time so I dont end up buying the wrong products (bought a 520hx PSU b4 I knew which card I wanted >.<). Someone plz recommend the best thermal paste. My Rig is almost done, but Im about to get a credit card, and im gunna max that sucker in 1 sitting just so I can get this thing finished.

My rig:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB (x2)
EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i mobo
CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX 520W ATX12V
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro
Thermaltake Armor
Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4GB (4 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

im getting the gtx280 for the vid card. SLI later.

tx2 will be your best thermal paste, as for the psu i strongly recomend teh strider 1000wyour cpu temps will be a litle high, i would definatly get a tuniq tower or a thermalright 120 ultra with a fan for a heatsink.

Why are you SLI'ing?

If you got 1 gtx280 you would be fine in any game, 100fps+ and you could keep that corsair 520hx, which is a great psu.

Because I have an SLI board....I work my *** off, I dont have a life, I gotta spend my money on something other than college/beer/airsoft/a car....what better way than to use the board for what I got it for?...ill consider your words of wisdom!!$@#!%

also, why those towers over the freezer 7?

Don't bump your post, use the Edit button in the future, merged double post

Those cool better than an AF7 does for a Quad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom