Monitor Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ta1946

Beta member
I want to get a new monitor, but do not know if my display adapter can only handle a conventional screen or can I get a widescreen monitor.
Here are the resolutions it can handle:

High to lowest
1280x1024
1280x960
1280x768
1280x720
1152x864
1024x768
800x600
640x480

Video Card is:

NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

Since this computer is 2001 vintage, I am thinking it can only handle a conventional size LCD monitor unless I change the display adapter.

Thanks for any responses..

If you post us the make and model of your intended display we can tell you if it will be compatible.
However from a look at your supported list none appear to be of a widescreen nature. ;)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

I am used to my HP MX70 17" CRT monitor running with a resolution of 800x600.

I am going to upgrade to a 19" LCD monitor. I want to be able to keep the resolution view as close as possible to what I have now (above).

Isn't it the higher the resolution the smaller the type?

you should be fine once you update your vid card drivers.

you were right higher res = smaller the type
however you can change that in windows to get larger font

if you are running XP, scroll down and
get the v67.66 drivers here

get the latest legacy drivers you can for the card and i would wager you can probably set custom resolutions. the average 19" widescreen LCD has a native resolution of 1440x900 so the relative size of objects on the screen shouldn't change too much. can you please give some more information about what motherboard you are running? i'm guessing it's using AGP 1x or 2x which kind of limits what you could upgrade the card to.

yes the higher the resolution the smaller the type.... just check and see if the monitor is compatible with the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom