what do i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
well i have the money to upgrade to tge gtx280 as planed. but my dad is being a reall *** hole about it, ive got no other way to say it, and he wont let me order it because he doesnt want me broke. problem is ive got the upgrade itch real bad. i could order a gtx260 tho as that wont leave me broke. other wise im waitign another 2 weeks which really puts me in a bad mood. i hate how at 18 years old almost 19 hes still tryign to control everything i do. thing is the gtx260 will cost me more, as i would then get sli, and a new psu, and my water cooling.

EDIT: ive just had this idea now i could order my liquid cooling loopinstead, and get my card next pay, but id prefer my card first. im going to try and work on him later today and convince him to let me.

i had the upgrade itch really really bad once the q6600 and 8800GTS 512 came out, outperformed my E6600 and 8800GTS 640mb by a huge margin. Something was always holding me back, and that something is nehalem, i've saved money from all the would be upgrades and i can say that i have enough to buy a x58 mobo, 2.66ghz nehalem, 3x2GB of DDR3, and much more. Moral of the story, ur current rig is fine, save it for nehalem

what do u mean one and done? its LGA1366 for the performance segment, while the mainstream segment will be LGA1160 without QPI and dual channel instead of triple channel.

either way this isnt about nahelem, i will have the money when that tiem comes, but for now im stuck on either waiting, trying to coninve my father but possibly make him angrier, or get a water loop, im droping the idea of a 260 thats to much money to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom