Unknown Hard Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gert213

Beta member
hi,
every time I've started my computer up it brings me straight into a "Checking file system on C:" after the window logo screen appears. it goes through the checking and says everything is completed for the check, after it brings me to the "Blue screen of death" and shows a massage saying
"Stop: c000021a Unknown Hard Error
Unknown Hard Error"
:mad:
I've searched Google already and nothing is working. I tried to boot in safe mod and that doesn't work. Ive tried to reinstall the OS and the doesn't work either. This started after i open up my case to put in a new pair of 1G RAMs.

Hello,

Run Memtest86 on the PC. It seems as if the RAM is bad that you got. If not then it is not seated correctly or not the right RAM for your system.

Memtest86 - Download Page

Cheers,
Mak

i cant get onto the pc to do anything, it just brings me to that blue screen tha says it.

never mind, i just brought it to bestbuy to have them look at it. guy told me it could be eather the softwear or hardwear, most likely hardwear in my case

Hello,

So they basically told you what i told you. That you have a hardware issue. but at least i narrowed it down to the RAM.

The MemTest86 is a bootable CD. You dont need to get into Windows to run it. You jsut download it and burn it with ImgBurn. Then boot with the CD in the tray.

Try it. If you get errors then we know it is the TAM and all you have to do is replace the RAM to get your system up and running again. Without the help of the Geek Squad people that will only run up the cost to fix your PC.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

I bet they only said that cause the system wouldnt boot. The Geek Squad is not notorious for their expert troubleshooting skills. If a PC doesnt boot they say it is a hard drive problem, tell you they can fix it but charge you $200 for the OS install and then charge you the price of the hard drive. Sorry i would not put faith in what they said.

If you dont believe me just read thru the Off Topic area. You cant respond but just see what some of the other member reactions were to Geek Squad members.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom