alcohol 120% problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazer3800

Baseband Member
I'm trying to backup my doom3 play cd, I did the copycd function of alcohol 120%, it burned successfully but when I put the disk in, the game won't run. It brings up that beginning title screen and the disk just spins and spins. Any suggestions on how to get it to work?

Also when the disk was being copied to the hard drive there were tons of read errors, is this a common thing when copying a game?

yeah sure is especially when there is copyright code embedded in the game. They do not want you to do exactly what you did but for reasons of distribution to others. Mighty fine line between the term backup and copy when it comes to the game manufacturers.

ah, i think this thread is verging on the edge of whats legal and not. not that having a backup isn't nice to have but what does it say right on every game disk we buy? not to make illegal copies. i'm no mod but......Mods? help me here....

*EDIT* thanks Major for the post underneath mine. makes it look like i posted twice in a row though.:confused:

Yeah I always abuse my cd's, and I figure doom3 is so hard to run on my comp, if I have any scratches at all it'll just stop working (yeah i have bad luck with games). I always thought alcohol 120% got past that copyright stuff, guess I was wrong....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom