Removed and Reinserted RAM, PC fails to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
ProLific said:
After your computer passes post, begin to hit f8

That gets me to a screen which allows me to select how I want to boot windows, all of them reboots my comp before being able to load windows.

Edit- Themajor, the beeping problem's been fixed, my ram wasn't inserted properly. The problem now is that my comp keeps rebooting whenever windows start.

After enabling "Force Update ESCD" and saving it in bios my computer reboots but still arrives at the "Windows did not start successfully." screen.

Going back to bios, the "Force Update ESCD" is disabled. I thought I had not saved the option properly the first time, but after three tries I suppose it just disables itself.

I turned off auto restart on system failure in F8 and the BSoD flash says the following

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer if this screen appears again, follow these steps.

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information.
*** Stop:0X0000007B (OXF7C20528,OXC0000034,OX00000000,OX00000000)

The trouble now is that I can't boot into windows, and the repair install only gets me back to the same windows did not start successfully screen. Oh, the reason why I couldn't boot from CD was that the CD wasn't in the drive in the first place, dumb reason. But the repair doesn't work after trying it twice. Are there any other possible solutions besides formatting? I have a whole bunch of files in the hard drive that I should've backed up but never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom