The Official NosBoost300 Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nos I took off my heatsinks lastnite. I used the cold method from XS w/ a can of freeze spray. I started by pulling all those push-pins up, then proceeded to block off the NB w/ some cardboard and sprayed it for about 20 secs. Then I put my daugthers card thingy and used a flathead and popped it off w/ no force involved. The SB didn't need any of the spray, it came right off along w/ the rest of the heatsink and pipe.

i was hoping to keep some of the heatpipes on... lol i guess when i get more monies i'll just submerge the whole thing in water

anywho.. i'm on the new rig now.. naked on the desk.. starting up with a screwdriver

new testbed coming mon/tues (if it comes from newegg cali... mon night :))

anywhooo the next testbed will be

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale (on water!)
Asus p5e3 deluxe
2gb patriot viper ddr3 1333 (oc to ddr3 1600)
x1900xtx (will not be running 3dmarks)

cpu cooled by dtek fuzion v2
black ice radiator 120.2 cooled by 1 133cfm scythe and 1 110cfm scythe
pump = liang d5 vario

will be running super pi, doing several winrar unpackings, and going for maximum overclock stable booting into windows...

maximum voltage i am willing to try.... 1.6v .... maximum voltage my mobo allows... 2.0v crazinessssss..... not that i'd ever use it...

mine goes up to 1.9875. that's only because my VID is 1.2 if my vid were like 1.3 then the max voltage would be 2.0875

CIMG2122.jpg

CIMG2117.jpg

CIMG2116.jpg

CIMG2109.jpg

CIMG2110.jpg

CIMG2118.jpg

You got the VPU recover error too? I was getting that a bit too, but thats after I close Halo 2 Vista, but a driver updated helped :)

I see somebody is looking at GTX 260's ;)

280s actually... lol... and my card was constantly getting that.... but its doing okay now

howdoyoulikethemapples.jpg

how do you like them apples huh??? 1.66v... and look at them idle temps ;) great loop i got going here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom