Cross Fire Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tri-Core isn't very silly, considering that people would still pay like $240+ for an e8500 (Yes I know the price dropped to like $210 or something)

Plus I can't use 125TDP Phenoms or X2 6000+ here anyways because there are some conflicting issues like burn-in on 780g's, however I should have spent $10 extra for the m2+ HP which does support 125 TDP's :( I hate being a cheapskate haha

Another thing that I need to ask about CrossFire.

Dual Display and Cross Fire. Is it possible. I know that SLi is not.

Reason why I am asking this is that today, I am considering about purchacing a new 38" LCD TV. And in doing so, I am thinking about changing my computer requirement around where I use my main rig for gaming and as a MCE. There is only about a 2 meter distance between where my computer is and where my TV is. What I would like to do is put a 2nd DVI cable to my LCD TV. From there I will be swaping between displays depending on if I am gaming or watching MCE (or wanting to play games at a lower res but on a bigger screen)

The mind just boggles with the idea of playing Eve Online on a 38" LCD TV.

Yep, i'm running crossfire 4870s with 2 24" monitors. All things being equal, i would go crossfire over SLI just because it supports 2 monitors.

Don't let anybody force you into buying what you want... remember its YOUR build, you'll be the one using it, whatever people recommend is pure suggestions, you don't have to listen to anybody if you don't want to.

maroon1 and apok are both very experienced and i wouldnt dare argue with them xD. I understand that some ppl would go with slightly less performance going to keep amd in the business, the same reason i buy all my pc game i guess. but some ppl couldnt care less and want what is best and dont care about the future of companies, coz in the end it doesnt affect their current build. I used ti love intel/Nv. right now for my new build im leaning towards a amd/ati, as long as they overclock well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom