Physical Fan Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawaiian style

In Runtime
I read this guide to make your computer cooler. The main point of the guide was to close all holes because dust is the main reason for heat.

I am wondering, is it better to have your fans combined with a cheap air filter and have them sucking air in, or turn them around to have them blowing air out?

I use GPU-Z and the temps they give me are 48c/40c Idle and shoot up to 52c/44c when I am gaming.

if anyone can help me out with this, please do. Thank you.

well your temps are nothing to worry about, they are actually quite low for gfx cards. and also one thing you need to keep in mind is balancing your intake and output. If you have a bunch of fans sucking in air, and only a couple blowing air out, you're gonna have a high pressure area which isn't good for cooling, and opposite with the other way. so you have to balance out air flow.

You generally want equal intake/exhaust fans. But, depending on your needs, you can go more one way. More intake creates positive air pressure within the case, which means it pushes air out of all the holes/vents. More exhaust creates negative air pressure which means air is sucked in through all the holes/vents.

Usually more exhaust tends to be better, but it really doesn't matter a huge amount. Most people do front+side as intake, and rear+top as exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom