Windows XP Service Pack 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangaroo

Daemon Poster
Microsoft have, as they always do, given us a gentle reminder that when downloading Service Pack 2 it may (will) effect programs we currently use without a problem, the extensive list of programs can be found here:

List

This applies to:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (SP2)
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (SP2)

I think I might wait on SP2, just to see what people's opinions are and how it really affects programs, then I will make the upgrade.

well for starters, many applicaations that require access to the internet will be blocked and you'll have a nice time figuring it to have access. (from what i've heard)

also, i got an email from my ISP saying that if we install Sp2, we have to download some of their software to patch our current software to work....

Microsoft just likes to mess with our PC's a lot......

over 80% of the issues with SP2 are with the new firewall. Disabling it or creating exceptions fixes most problems with compatibility with other programs.

I don't want to start a new thread on my question so I decided to post it here where it is relevant. I have installed SP2 and it has been running fine. Except my one problem is that when I shut down my computer, it shuts down, the turns black. Windows closes but the mobo itself doesn't shut down. So there is a black screen and like we used to do with old computers, I have to push the on/off button manually. Now this isnt such a big deal but it is a nuissance. I have an A7N8X Deluxe mobo with XP2500+. If anyone knows the solution to this problem it would be appreciated. BTW, I checked ASUS's website for a mobo driver update and they only have the 3com, SATA and BIOS updates available, no general mobo updates (if they even do exist).

Anyways, enough of my blabering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom