A7N8X Deluxe Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazybeans

In Runtime
Hello fellow members,

We recently had a post where a flame war broke out on rather or not the A7N8X Deluxe motherboard with the nForce2 SPP chipset can support an odd number of memory modules and still function in dual-channel mode. This has been confirmed as I have included the following links indicating this. It states that a configuration of memory modules relative to the set-up below will work. The only requirement is that there is memory in each channel. Channel one has two slots while channel two has one slot. So, any of the following setups will work in dual-channel mode:

Slot 1 + Slot 3
Slot 2 + Slot 3
Slot 1, 2 + Slot 3

Of course this includes the fact that dual-channel must still run using the same memory types and speeds. There is no information suggesting the memory modules be of any particular size as indicated in the second link listed below. It is also stated that this chipset does not use the same dual-channel specification as a typical P4 setup, this may explain the resulting confusion in our last post. If I left any information out please include it in the thread and also suggest any corrections I may need to change. Hope that clears things up. Also, please remember that these forums are here to help, no harm in a little constructive criticism, thanks ;)

A7N8X Deluxe Manual (see page 14 for dual-channel configurations):

http://france.asus.com/support/down...&m_id=1&f_name=e1292_a7n8x_deluxe.zip~zaqwedc

A Review on the motherboard by ign.com:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/382/382632p1.html

Yup, you were right although it would have been easier on all of us had you included the correct links to prove your point from the start. Also, I simply said that according to my ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe, odd DIMMs meant single channel on a P4 system. You also confused MicroBell, who I might add, is almost never wrong. He was quoting Intel whitepapers while your system is using AMD technology. It's no wonder the flame war started. Gotta be specific as possible for us who like to be technical. Plus, I didn't necessarily say you were wrong. All I said was that you need to learn a thing or two about quoting sources on a forum so others can see it from your point of view and background on the information at discussion. You seem like a fairly intelligent person, so I am by no means degrading your intelligence as you stated earlier. I just thought I'd clarify that last thread in hope of raising spirits. Anyways, I'm sure I'll see you around, until then take care ;)

he was saying it wasnt possbile at all, in anything, and I said its only on NF2 ultra chipsets

lol.. funny how some people post because they "think" they're right =p.. anyways, I'm king of the world and no one's gonna tell me otherwise! ;)

Demalii said:
lol.. funny how some people post because they "think" they're right =p.. anyways, I'm king of the world and no one's gonna tell me otherwise! ;)

hah

lol that sounded like it was gonna flare up again.... and u better get ur butt off my throne im back from vacation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom