First post..please help me make a complete gaming revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antikaratekid

Beta member
Ok, long story short. I bought a comp from alienware 3 years ago. Upgraded it a year ago at a random chinese store, hasnt worked right rsince.

I'm fed up of fixing various parts and am looking into making the best gaming computer for around 1500 bucks that would last me a while.

1. Is it a good time to upgrade or am i gonna get overshadowed by next gen graphics cards soon. I am lookign to play DOW2 ( when it comes out) and stuff like company of heroes ( everything max) or Crysis as good as possible.

2. please tell me what specs do you think would make the best computer for 1500 price range. I am jsut gonna reuse my alienware tower, mouse, and keyboard. Looking for a good monitor though.

Please tell me what you know and of any other good computer forums that I could take my questions too. Thanks alot!

Intel's new Nehalem processors will be out at the end of the year and are expected to be 20-50% faster than their current 45nm quad cores clock for clock so you may want to wait for it. Nehalem will be expensive but you should be able to get one with your budget.,

yeah, i myself am thinking of waiting till a price drop until i get one, to see how they are and maybe even for the new revisions. the mobo will hit ur pocket too, especially since some will have sli too.

Nehalem will be expensive but you should be able to get one with your budget.

There pretty cheap actually... Especially the 2.66ghz which beats the current 3ghz.

the CPU itself will be pretty cheap, but the x58 board and DDR3 RAM won't be lol :(

but if you have the money and time, i'd wait till around Q4 or Q1 of next year to build

Right now we should be able to give you a build that would easily play those games at high settings for $1500. Though as mentioned you may want to wait if you want to get the top performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom