New Build-Suggestions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhwker01

Baseband Member
I'm using newegg to build a computer. only game so far I will be playing will be MS Flight Simulator X and Americas Army. I have these items on my wish list. Please suggest an Operating system as well. I already have some items from a previous PC.

MS K9A2 - Does this only support Crossfire?

AMD Phenom 9850

Corsair Dominator 4 gig 1066

Video Card - Please suggest. Eventually I will want to buy two cards if everyone suggest that.

Operating System - Please suggest

Hard Drive - I already have an 80 gig Sata 7200 RPM, but I want a 10,000 RPM as well. Should I run the OS and the games off the 10,000 gig and use my 7200 for music files and etc?

Thank's guys for any input.

I'm using newegg to build a computer. only game so far I will be playing will be MS Flight Simulator X and Americas Army. I have these items on my wish list. Please suggest an Operating system as well. I already have some items from a previous PC.

MS K9A2 - Does this only support Crossfire?

AMD Phenom 9850

Corsair Dominator 4 gig 1066

Video Card - Please suggest. Eventually I will want to buy two cards if everyone suggest that.

Operating System - Please suggest

Hard Drive - I already have an 80 gig Sata 7200 RPM, but I want a 10,000 RPM as well. Should I run the OS and the games off the 10,000 gig and use my 7200 for music files and etc?

Thank's guys for any input.

what are the items that you currently have? if you only have the hdd then you're gonna want the 640 maroon suggested. also a 10k rpm drive isn't really worth it. i would suggest maroons build because its cheaper and performs better, depending on what you have already.

I have a case, DVD drive, 80 gig SATA drive. I guess it's just a preference of mine to stay with AMD.

Is that Vist Home premium 64 bit you recommend?

Yes stick with Vista 64bit to recognize 4gb+

Stay with whichever CPU and Board you prefer, but the q6600 is better and cheaper (and overclocks better)

One last question. What OS does everyone prefer for gaming to utilize the most out of their PC? Thanks everyone for the quick replies.

i recently installed vista ult 64 on my machine and it runs games beautifully. i also have xp pro 32 on my machine and they run everything about the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom