processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just run everything...after the test you ran has finished it will give you some performance tips on how to upgrade

Ok, like every one here said, i agree, get a new mobo and a new processor. Ok since you are not doing any gaming, the p4 will be better, but might run a lil more expensive. You don't need to get top of the line to be satisfied with you computer. Amd will also work really well even if it isnt for games. They run much cheaper for the non top of the class processor. You can get an amd 3000+ for round 100$. or get a amd 64 3200+ for 200. For the p4s, a 3 ghz is 200$. a 2.8 is 150. It is up to you, but i would really upgrade.

Go to www.zipzoomfly.com or www.newegg.com 2 good sites.

TheMajor said:
Just run everything...after the test you ran has finished it will give you some performance tips on how to upgrade

i've now run everything but still can't find where it tells you what to upgrade

yeah i would sugest gettin ga whole new pc and building it your self it will be fairly cheap since you dont need that much ram and a kicka** video card

how accurate would you say that program is? I downloaded it and its saying my CPU is at 50C which is pretty cool cause my Corecell monitor is saying 54C but I know in my BIOS it'd probably be reading 50C cause I've noticed it always lower than the corecell reading. Should I assume the 50C is probably more accurate?

Jinty,

The benchmark test you just ran will not tell you which components to replace. The application compares your system to others. Using this information you have to decide which components to change to increase performace. Regrettable at the age of your system this may not be cost effecient.

I custom build systems and prefer Intel CPU's. For your needs suggest Intergrated M/B, P4 2.4 Prescott, 512MB 333Mhzr DDR, 80 gig Serial H/D (ATA will work to reduce cost) 4x DVD RW/R.

This system has components that will cause some flames (be gentle). I build it as a base for future expansion (current M/B A-Open mx4sgvi-4dn2). Those that perfer AMD will come up with some good choices also.

Hope this helps

Bill in Zhills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom