Some oc questions againzor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
What does overclocking the pci-e slot do... I have it at 115. I may of asked this before but i don't think i got any answer.

Is it better to overclock your gpu with shaders linked to core?

How long should I run the atitool cube thing to test my clocks on my gpu? if not the ati cube then what should i use?

Should i test core first, then memory seperate, then both together? Thats what I've been doing...

Why do mcdonalds milk shakes suck?

You will have to use your good judgement more than anything. Download Core Temp and run it. I have read that 70C is the temperature at which the CPU starts to get damaged. I would shoot for a full load temp to be 60C or maybe a tad higher. I'd be scared to let it run any higher though.

You will have to use your good judgement more than anything. Download Core Temp and run it. I have read that 70C is the temperature at which the CPU starts to get damaged. I would shoot for a full load temp to be 60C or maybe a tad higher. I'd be scared to let it run any higher though.

I dont think ocing the cpu was mentioned

I havnt heard much of people touching the pci-e freq, leaving it at default.

raise the core and memory separatly to their limit like youre doing.

You misunderstood me. My problem is not temperatures. My cpu is w/c and lapped with tx-2 and I haven't seen it go over 52c's load. The problem is when should I be uncomfortable with voltages? The recommended highest voltage according to Intel was 1.5v's I think. But I don't think that is intended for daily usage.

i dont know if other people will agree with me.. i figure you can run it as high as you want as long as temperatures are under control....

when i was on phase change, i had my vcore maxed out at 1.68.....4.7ghz@ negative 65*C

i would think 1.47 is okay as long as the temps are under control. i know with the 45nm chips, they will start degrading before the temps reach the limit. ie your temp may be 58*C, but if you are running 1.6V through it...so long mr wolfdale. the 65nm i'm sure the same thing is possible. do a search maybe of "absolute max voltage q6600" or something of the sort and see what you find.
unless you have phase change like jseber or ln2, it will start to degrade at a certain voltage...and im not thouroghly convinced that degradation does not occur with those cooling solutions at high voltages.
i'd stick with what you have...maybe 1.5V max everyday usage. i would think that intel's highest recommended voltage is in fact okay for everyday use (if it is 1.5V).

i have overclocked my pcie bus over 125mhz before, but i dont really suggest going over 115. it will improve your benchmark scores, and maybe a small FPS increase. it can also burn up your pcie bus and your card. by "burn up" i mean damage....lol not literally catch fire. although...that would be pretty funny. whats life with no risks, right? lol...

IMO, ATI tool sucks. so, i have no other input on that subject. other than to say that a 6-7 hour session of COD4 (or some other high performance game) with settings and resolution jacked to the ceiling is a better stress test than any kind of synthetic. kind of like how folding is considered a better and more thorough stress test than p95 or orthos.

i have always run linked shaders on my card's overclock. i tried them unlinked several times and was able to get the core a little higher, but they didn't perform as well as having them linked. my opinion.

mcdonald's shakes suck because they use that crappy yogurt/milky/soft crap phony ice cream or whatever you want to call it...
baskin-robbins. now THAT'S a shake.

nagasama is winrar, but I feel that I am a danger to my comp parts.....

I always have that evil voice on my left that wants to always upgrade
"BURN IT, OVERCLOCK IT, IF IT FAILS WE CAN ALWAYS BUY A Q6700 AND A 4870, MUHAHAHAH"

*sadface*

yes. we are a danger to our parts. thats part of the fun of it. even though, i bet nosboosts' parts wish they were ours...they live in constant fear for their lives.
listen to the evil voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom