Fan Clock Speed for 8800GT's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilim4t1c

Baseband Member
I recently bought 2 8800GT's and they are idling at about 65 degrees celsius (IDLE), I know this is bad, so i'm just wondering how much i should clock the fan speed, I was guessing about 70%, but if i could go higher without wearing the fans out i'd like to do it. If anybody know's a safe fan clock speed please let me know.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to be posting this in.

Thanks

just put it at levels that aren't too loud for you. also you could consider aftermarket cooling with those cards for relatively cheap.

just put it at levels that aren't too loud for you. also you could consider aftermarket cooling with those cards for relatively cheap.

Loudness isn't an issue....but if i put my fan clock all the way up, will i have to worry about the fans messing up at all?

i have the evga dual-slot 8800gt and it defaults to 30% fan @ idle and is like 67C, itll get up to 87@ load on default settings where ther fan gets up to 50-60%.

Im using evga precision overclocking tool to set the fanspeed to 50% when im idle which drops the temp to 57 idle and i set it to 75-90% fan depending what i feel like or ambient temp for load and it gets 73-80C on load then.

If you do it like me gotta make sure you set the fan before u start a game or itll stay @ 50% and get warmer than if you had default auto control settings. Did that once or twice.

There is some way via rivatuner or something to set fan speed to increase depending on temp, but my menus wernt what all the guides looked like so i just went to evga precision oc tool and do it manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom