Unresponsive Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
I use my moms laptop to do some work on here and there. Today when I go to start it up, it starts up fine and all, but when I go to open a folder or something it double clicks it, shows the hour glass icon, then just sits there as if the computer has no RAM in it or something. Its like all the commands are being lagged down, I've had computers do this and then a couple seconds later it all catches up with itself and opens everything. But this won't even open a damn folder on the desktop. I hate how just out of the blue shit like this happens. Anyone got an idea of what might be happening?

geh, well I restarted again and this time at startup I cancelled the 'PRINT ERROR' process in the system tray and now everything runs fine and folders open like they should. Not sure but maybe the printer error was bogging down the rest of the system....

yeah, that could be . . . happens a lot on the crappy celeron600 running 98se i have upstairs

It was running Windows XP, I can't believe you guys answered that so quickly it was up like 30 seconds =)

AMD Athlon XP-M
256mb Memory

I don't know the full specs of the laptop cause its not my mine baby =)

well it sure did scare the hell out of me. I swear computers dont like me, weird crap just happens out of nowhere =/

haha, me too . . .

like if a game works on 99 out of 100 computers, mine will be the 1 computer that doesnt work

hahaha yeah exactly. Man I bought a geforce fx 5700 card in april right. Had to buy another motherboard to get the card to work so it wasn't until a month later I got the new mobo and got the card to work. 2 months after that my card dies =/ Aint that some shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom