Another one of those.. "check my build" threads..

Status
Not open for further replies.

myowngod

In Runtime
Per your suggestions - i have began my build up - Looking to spend no more than 1800 on a complete system (monitor, keyboard, etc..) - Not wanting super performance... just something good - with decent OC potential - and most importantly room to grow - need something that can keep with the times (read... new gpu's) - Going to do this for now - probably pick up the 4870X2 when it comes out, if thats possible...

Main question... what am i missing (first build) besides thermal paste.. and are there incompatible parts? the cooling unit being the biggest worry... with given case... Linky:

Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

Will the extra RAM (8gb) help any? its such a good sale i figured i'd do it.. but if its worthless.. no point (already went back to 4.. after research)

I read that i will need cables for the HD? call be a noob as you will.. but what the **** do i need?

I was also wondering.. can my current MOBO support a hd4870 and the x2 when its released?

Thanks in advance... i am on a timer now.. sold my laptop - so i need to get this ordered quick! (work/school)

PS. I read just about every thread on the first 2 pages.. and used your reccomendations to come up with this.. so THANKS lol - you guys helped a ton..

sound card isn't needed unless you work with music or are extremely picky with sound..most people can't tell the difference really

8gb of RAM is useless basically, 4gb is enough

$80 for a mouse? you have to be ****ing with me.....

Appreciate the tip - 4 gigs it is then - and I didnt realize that... soundcard gone as well - you just saved me 100 bux or so :)

as for the mouse - after the rebate - its 50 bux... which seemed to be the general price on new egg?

EDIT: Removed the SC and Ram... added another GPU... after rebates its like 1850 (mail ins counted) - or maybe i should just wait for the x2's...?...

i'm not to good with mice, but i'm sure you could find better.

personally i'm using a $10 microsoft mouse and it does me well (i probably will spend more on a good gaming mouse at a later date). if you want to keep up with an expensive mouse, look at the lachesis mouse

Lol, waffle... You comlain about the mouse being $80, and then you still recommend the Lachesis =P. Lachesis is nice, btw...I have one, and its quite nice.

Lol, waffle... You comlain about the mouse being $80, and then you still recommend the Lachesis =P. Lachesis is nice, btw...I have one, and its quite nice.

i thought i seen someone on here get it for cheap or something :D so i dunno :) EDIT: <--------i'm out of my mind...i was mistaken

i kinda missed out on the point i was trying to make:

If you wanna spend $80 on a mouse, get a real good one that isn't massive lol

Well it was 59 with the rebate - i didnt wanna go over 50 on the mouse.. im not that hardcore lol - should i just go with the diamond back for 50? I just want something decent and preferably not huge... dont have big hands - dont really palm the mouse tho... just finger tips...

edit: on another note... is it worth going up to the slightly higher ram? 800 vs 1066?
If 1066... reaper or gskill?

Edit2: Is there a better long term Mobo for me? I dont mind going up to $190 or so if it means it will be more upgradable... ie. GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail OR DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

I just ordered my new build, and with it I got the G9. I have had my G7 since a few months after its release. It was fantastic, but I was looking for an upgrade. I have used my friends Razer mouse, but i like the feel of the G7.

So, if you have used the G5 or G7 and like the feel, i would go for the G9. FYI its actually pretty small. It's smaller than the G5-7 even with its "wide load" grip. Search amazon for the g9 and you can see side-by-sides. Google g9 logitech review if you need convincing, the claw grip would be a make or break i guess.

For RAM all the stuff I have read has said go ahead and shell out alittle more mulah for the 1066, and if need be run it at 800mhz. I picked up a 4gb kit of OCZ reaper for 96 after rebate.

For the mobo I generally trusted the reviews, and backed it up with a google search to check any complaints out and see if anyone had a build similar to what i was getting.

Otherwise the build looks dandy. I have read good things about gigabyte, but not that board specifically.

stick with the 800mhz ram because if you OC chances are it won't even run at 800mhz so no use putting out another $40 for something you won't use

So 800 ram is just as good once you start OC'ing it? (figured the 1066 would yield better results given it has a higher starting point...)

Any reason to go x48 over the p45? research shows marginally better performance... not worth the extra 70 bux? I figured maybe i could use the x16 better when i buy the hd4870X2? or would perf. increases still be negligible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom