max safe temp for a quad core 65nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
just woke up at 2am to check the rendering out... all cores are going 100%...

checked the temps.... in celsius......80,80,79,78 lol

Am i gunna burn it out? Dont remember the max temps

geez 60 is listed as hot on that site... i idle at 53 lol. And i am using an HR-03 i think its called. I guess maybe i need a faster fan on that thing... i dont have a super fast one because i am trying to keeep it halfway quiet

the temperature that it starts to damage the system is 71c

the safe running temp is anything below 65c with 65c being the max temp to push at on load

your best bet is to get some better cooling if its hitting 80c on load

I unoverclocked it and at max load now it hits about 62.

Thats nuts considering i have one of the better coolers.

Last night i felt around for hot spots. I have an exhaust fan behind the heatsink on the case, and then i have a fan pushing through the heatsink towards the exhaust fan. Both fans are identical, but yet the air between the heatsink and case was very hot, and the air around the base of the heatsink right next to the board was very hot.,

This is pathetic lol... coming from somebody who used to have phase change. I used to complain when my pc heated up to negative -20*C

Also, do you know if the nvidia monitoring software is inaccurate? I was in the os and it was reading 70.. i rebooted and the bios was reading 57

Dont these things have thermal throttling?

yea i probably should. Its been on there for about a year.

I do have the thermalright ultra 120...dont think its really worth upgrading. Not gunna see much difference with the new stuff that is out

Also gunna rework some the airflow. lol i use cardboard ducts to direct cold air in and hot air out

try out CoreTemp you will find most cpu temp readers that come built in read the temp from the socket but not from the cores themselves

i would love to have phase change in my next set-up

I recommend you get a custom built on from somewhere like extremeoverclocking.com.

The prometia mach 2 and the vapochill.......they dont cut it for quad cores. I was using the mach 2 and i overclocked this cpu up to 4.7, had the voltage up to 1.6. Within 5 minutes of doing a 100% load test on all 4 cores, the cooler heated up to 0* and shut down.

Get a custom one that is specced for the wattage of a quad core. Instead of getting on that you can brag about and say wooooo yeaa this baby hit -80*C..... get one that can handle a higher heatload and stay a little warmer around -50...

Think of it like this... yea a motorcycle is friggin fast as ****.... but try to get it to tow a boat.

Also the custom made ones wont hook into the mobo power button. Overclocking on a stock on SUCK!!!!!ok. you hit the power button, phase change unit cools down for 1 minute, then boots the machine up.. OOPS i pushed the cpu to hard and it is unstable, time for a cold boot. Shut machine down. Push power button....aww man, there is a 2 minute cooldown timer. wait 2 minutes, push button... wait a minute for it to cool down, power up..

When doing lots of ocing, it gets old.

I still have my custom made unit up in the attic.. I just have kids who always mess with my pc, and i dont want them being around that unit,, never know. And no i am not selling mine lol, i might decide to use it again one day. I am also not using water cooling anymore for the same reason..kids. Air cooling is just so easy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom