Partitions for best perfomance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have curently 3 partitions.I used Fdisk to create them. One for Windows XP. One for games and other stuff and the other for emergency use. I use Format (drive) function of the XP startup disk to format the games' partition every month and i don't have any problem at all. I would suggest Fdisk for easier partition creation.

I use FDISK to create the 1st partition, and then install windows. After that creat other partitions under windows operating system.
simple enough.

Ok, just another question, should I create the separated partitions for page file and temp files? in the article I linked to in the start of the topic, it was recomended, what do you think about it?

it's ok, but if you want to gain speed this way you need to place the TEMP files and page file on another physical drive..not on the same as Windows..else it won't help you

I will anyway put page file and temp on the different partition with windows, I'm asking, if I should to place the virtual memory and temp on the separate partitions from each other to increase perfomace?

actually, if you put the page files (VM/swap files are same thing) on a different partition on the SAME physical hard drive that will DECREASE your performance, so dont do it! u want a seperate PHYSICAL hard drive to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom