MBM readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

BxSlipSk8718

In Runtime
Ok yeah so i have motherbord monitor wich i herd was a good monitor for temps and when i check my temps it says about 55 degrees on avrg and when i looked at my acual BIOS it said 79 degrees rigiht afte ra restart wich 1 is right im assuming BIOS and if so why is MBM reading wrong?

i've heard that some mobo's have an aweful senser when in the bios. also i've heard that for some cpu's you have to add degree's to it. are they both reading celcius?

i would say go off the mbm5 or go out and buy a temp reader if you really wanna know.

you have to take into consideration that when restarting the processor is quite active therefore heating up....but 79 is like really too high, think about getting some aftermarket cooling here....but not if your selling the computer as mentioned in your other thread.

when I check temperatures in the BIOS its generally 3 or 4 degress Celcius LOWER than the monitor says. The way I figure it, the CPU isn't being used much when being in the BIOS, so after it starts up windows and really gets things running is when it heats up. Atleast that seems to be whats occuring in my situation but a 20 degree difference is pretty insane between a monitor and BIOS monitor

I had the problem with MBM, but I'd rather stick to the bios readings, 5x better chance that the program is wrong, not to the bios... and since they both read the temp from the same diode... it's usually that mbm's settings area wrong or it's reading the diode wrong or something... Be on the safe side, trust your bios =)
^ that's my two cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom