Help OC my Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can anyone offer any advice? Anybody here have the same setup as I do, and can lend me some knowledge how to overclock to 3.3Ghz? I built my PC with optimum OC parts, so it should be rather easy. But like I said, I'm an OC noob and I need some help.

Thanks.

Well, I'm going out of town for two weeks. I really haven't received any help at all since I posted my screen shots. If anyone could post some tips or help me out while I'm gone, I'll read it and get back to you when I'm back in town.

Thanks.

Hey gekko, did you added voltage to get it to 3.0?

(consider it a free bump)

How can I get it to 3.3, or even better, 3.6?? :D

Oh great, another person expecting an overclock because somebody else has gotten it before

You might just have an unlucky batch that won't go far, to go to 3.3ghz, you'll have to increase to 377 FSB, not hard, but you need to Increase the Voltage....

Check your temps after it though

Oh great, another person expecting an overclock because somebody else has gotten it before

You might just have an unlucky batch that won't go far, to go to 3.3ghz, you'll have to increase to 377 FSB, not hard, but you need to Increase the Voltage....

Check your temps after it though

I don't expect that at all. I totally understand the concept of overclocking itself. Different boards overclock better than others, it's just a lucky chance to get a good board.

I actually overclocked to 3.3Ghz already, and had great temps, but my computer couldn't hold it after I started playing Crysis for about 5-10 mins. Temps were still fine, I think it had to do with the RAM clock settings.

Anyway, I guess I'll just go read some guides (which I've already done). I was just wondering if anyone here could provide some tips I might not read or something...

Make sure your RAM voltage is up where it's supposed to be also. For example, my RAM is 2.2v stable but my mobo defaults at 1.8v. Also, your RAM timings seem loose at 6-6-6-18. After you think your system is stable, you can maybe tighten them to 5-5-5-15. That's what I'm running, and my e6600 is 3.6ghz.

This might not have anything to do with your RAM however. Your vcore might be too low if you can't run Crysis but a few minutes. So if your temps are good, you have some headroom to up the vcore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom