Finished my build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenenbaum

In Runtime
I recieved my order yesterday. Put it all together. I will post pictures as soon as I get the camera.

NZXT Tempest
Q6600
4850HD ATI
640GB HDD
Corsair 650W TX
Asus P5E X38
Xigmatek Rifle

Everything seems to be running okay, but I did recieve one stick of bad ram.
Seems to be running okay with 2GB, but without the other 2GB, should my performance be effected a lot? Or just a noticeable amount? Or what?

And also, I scored 11700 in 3DMark06, does that seems about right?(I ran it the first time and the screen went black during the procedure and I had to restart)
After that everything ran fine, I ran 3DMark06 twice through with no problems, scoring around the same each time.

I can run Crysis on High settings, but with problems, The majority of the time..Its sort of laggy (I thought I'd be able to run it at high settings, but I guess its because of the other missing 2GB of ram?)(Edit: Maybe its because I have a 24inch monitor?)

Also after starting up the computer, the sound doesen't work, and then I restart and it works.

Does everything seems okay? Any suggestions of what I should do?

With Vista, 4GB will be better. Crysis is a very demanding game. You said you have a 24" monitor. I'm assuming it's displaying at 1900x1200? If so, that makes the situation all-the-more demanding. There's probably nothing wrong with your system. Crysis is just very demanding, especially in DX10 I imagine.

With Vista, 4GB will be better. Crysis is a very demanding game. You said you have a 24" monitor. I'm assuming it's displaying at 1900x1200? If so, that makes the situation all-the-more demanding. There's probably nothing wrong with your system. Crysis is just very demanding, especially in DX10 I imagine.

So you think with the extra 2GB I'll be fine? Or do I even have to go out and get another video card later?

Even when running at 1024X768 on high settings I get the occasional lag.
Hopefully 2GB will make things run better. I'm on 64BIT Vista.

Its 1920x1200

Well the new ATi cards are doing exact opposite of what their original cards did, which used to score great on Benches, but fail on True gaming, so now its inversed and your score is fine..

Well the new ATi cards are doing exact opposite of what their original cards did, which used to score great on Benches, but fail on True gaming, so now its inversed and your score is fine..

Well, I can run Crysis on medium at 1600X1200 with very very seldom lag.

Unless you think its the other 2GB of ram effecting my gameplay in Crysis?

Pretty much the same build before with the 8800GTS I ran Crysis on high with no lag. (Had the 4GB of ram though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom