Swap CD Burners and now no sound...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
Hi I owned one of the infamous Samsung DVD-R/RWs that eventually stopped reading/burning discs. So I got my Lite-On SATA burner in today, and put that in place of the old Samsung. All of this was done with my pc completely unplugged obviously. So I plug everything back in, and reboot my pc to have all of my sound come out of my headphones. Heres how my sound is set up:

Onboard: I use this only for my headset, for apps like Vent/TS ect.

X-Fi: All of my playback (music, games) comes out of this to my speakers.

All of the sound is now coming out of my headset (onboard), and it seems nothing will recognize my sound card. None of the Creative apps can find it, Control Panel can't find it, and it's not even listed in Device Manager. It's like it doesn't even exist. Is this common? What should I do? Or is this a sign of my cheap mobo letting go?

Hello,

Are you sure that the card is seated fully? When swapping out the drive the card may have come loose.

Cheers,
Mak

Ok I reseated the card and now it works. It's odd because I didnt even make contact with the card while inside the case. It must have been poorly seated for a long time. Thanks. In other news, this Lite-On burner is awesome!

Hello,

Glad it was something so simple. It isn't that the card may have been mis-seated the whole time. It could just be that the moving this cause jarred it loose. Have had it happen to me when i know i have my cards seated properly.

Just a freak thing that happens when working on PC's at times.

I use Lite-On's as well and love them. Been using them for at least 8 years now. Prefer them.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom