Finish Install... NO BEEPS :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi.Im.New

In Runtime
Hello,

I have an asus p5q pro mb, with the asus radeon 4850, corsair TX 650, with ocz 2x2gb mem.
I installed everything made sure jumpers and everything were correctly installed. The mb even came with a fool proof helper to install the hdd led, pw swtch and reset swtch. Well i knew i was in trouble from the initial boot. Not a single beep, ive reseted the cmos, even took out all the ram, video card and everything just to see if the mb will beep and nothing. Does this sound like a dead bored... the wrst part is the return at newegg is 15% i believe...what a joke. Help is needed, thnx as always guys.

hiimnew

the 15% return fee is if you plain return it, there shouldnt be a fee for getting a replacement.

Also dummy checks, check psu plugged in and switched on, that the mobo cable, psu cable correctly plugged in. Check that the pwr plug isnt backwards.

Are you sure you hooked the mobo speakers?

If not you wouldn't hear the beeps

Also make sure you've attached the 4 pin power connector (i forgot to connect that one once and the system wouldn't boot).

As for the beeps, some boards don't come with a speaker, and some towers don't come with one to connect to the mb. If you don't see a speaker or the manual doesn't give you an error code list more than likely it didn't come with one.

Try another outlet, try unplugging and replugging in EVERY cable. Reseat the Ram, put the ram in a different slot, reseat the cpu. At that point after cmos resets if you still get absolutely nothing then I would return the mb and/or power supply. Can you try another PS? If so try that, if you can't it may be worth returning BOTH since those could both be responsible for a total system failure. And if you return one at a time you have the potential to wait an extra week when returning the other part.

And in case you didnt know, to test the PSU with a paperclip:

unplug everything except something ilke a CD-Rom drive from the PSU Switch the PSU off/unplug it from the wall. Unbend a paperclip, and insert one end into the green wire's terminal, and the other end into any of the black wire's terminals. Plug the PSU in/turn it on. See if the CD-ROM drive opens/closes.

Everything powers on... the fans spin, leds light up and the actual lights on the video card and motherboard show there getting power. I even made sure that the 24 and 8 pin connectors were plugged in... The 8 pin connector is is 2 4pin connectors combined for my psu. I even took out a 4 and just used 4 because i read posts that say thats what they used. but still all in all nothing. I called asus tech support which the only information they really gave me was my mb doesnt have an integrated speaker so i guess i have to buy one... Not sure what else to do other than send it back..another thing thats odd, is when i try to open my cd-rom it has power but the actual bay wont come out...weird

Note: I also found where the case speaker is supposed to plug in... now the question that i have can i just use an old case speaker jumper off another case and plug that in and will that produce beeps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom