No power when power sw. pushed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

wh0a

Solid State Member
Exactly like the title says, I push the power button and I get no power @_@

The button is plugged in, the switch on the PSU is on, and the green light on my Soyo board is also on indicating the board is receiving power. I even tried another power switch thinking the switch had just gone out. This is not the first time this has happened either. A week ago the same thing happened, but finally the PC turned on, and then turned off and on just like normal for a week.

By the way, I'm using a Soyo Dragon+ 2 P4 865 board and a 2.8C. I have an antec power supply which is nearly new (although I don't think it has anything to do with the PSU).

Anyone have any ideas for me? I'm looking at new boards right now.

well...did you make sure that the power and reset and all of the front panel cords were in right? tripple check if you have to.

Well, since I posted this I have ripped out all the guts, threw them on an antistatic bag, and hooked up just what I need. That is, 1 stick of ram, cpu, PSU, and video card

I double checked all the plugins for power switch, reset, etc. I only have the power switch hooked up.

I took the PSU out of the P4 box and hooked it up to an AMD machine, and it powered on, however the AMD machine doesn't make use of the extra plug that is on a P4 PSU (can't remember what it was exactly). So it COULD still be a bad PSU, but it is unlikely.

I've tried multiple switches on my board now, and it still does not power on, so I'm thinking the board may just be bad.

Anything else I've missed?

Not to be a double poster, but this all started happening after I moved. I don't know what could have caused this though. I have a memory foam mattress, and when I moved the PC I stuck it inside the folded up foam so it wouldn't get jarred around in the truck. I think it is a coincidence, because I used to NEVER turn my pc off. I had an uptime that was nearing 100 days on a Windows box :p Finally, it gets shut off and won't power back on. The first time I tried to boot it up when I moved here, it did the same thing, only eventually it did boot up.

Nikkon said:
Push the button really really hard !

Haha! I did that. I pushed it as hard as possible, hard enough to hurt my finger. Then I smacked it a few times. No good.

The button is plugged in

Pluged in as in power pluged in, or pluged in as in the two pin connector that goes to the mother board pluged it.

Check the two pin connector make sure its secure on the motherboard. I believe the label on it is power sw ?

Nikkon said:
Pluged in as in power pluged in, or pluged in as in the two pin connector that goes to the mother board pluged it.

Check the two pin connector make sure its secure on the motherboard. I believe the label on it is power sw ?

The two pin connector is plugged in, I even tried swapping it with a jumper after trying a bunch of other switches just in case :(

I dont know how your case is set up so if this doesnt apply then just ignore it.

In some cases the button you push to start the computer isnt the acutally power button (its a button that pushs another button which is the power button). Try taking off your front panel and see if this is the case with your case (weird wording).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom