???Cooler Master Sphere???

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought that only 1 graphics card could be used on each screen

but will the PNY XLR8 VCG98GX2XPB GeForce 9800 GX2 1GB (512MB per GPU) 512-bit (256-bit per GPU) GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card work on the Asus maximus 2?

Yes, but it's not the best choice.

And you can use multiple video cards together to share the rendering load on a single screen.

For ATI this technology is called Crossfire and for Nvidia it's called SLI.

Finally, EDIT YOUR FREAKING POSTS instead of double posting...

sorry, but i just want 1 video card, is that really good for a single card? but is ATI better then NVIDIA, cuz i kept hearing that NVIDIA was at the top for graphics

Seriously, I may have to give him a Spam infraction because its so freaking ridiculous

Why just one card when you can have two for an amazing price? They work together to own everything out. In the general opinion around these forums, and pretty much everywhere else, ATI has taken this round. Technically, for pure performance (not factoring in price) the Nvidia GTX280 is the fastest but that doesn't make it worth it. Get 2 4870's, or a 4870 X2 when it comes out and you will have amazing performance for a much better price.

Listen to Vernong and Aspire, they know what they are talking about. Both the builds they have given you are awesome rigs. Trust them :)

And for an OS, what should i get? I saw this thing that was for system builders, what that mean. Because its like 100 dollars cheaper. Should i get Xp or Vista?

Get Vista Home Premium 64-bit. I have the system builders one, its the OEM version basically. It is the same exact software just you don't get tech support but who needs that.

whats the difference between 64 bit and 32 bit? and the difference between Home Premium and Basic, and thanks for helpin :). Also is Vista faster than XP or is there no difference.

Vista is just newer, its a better OS now. I'm sure some programs perform better in Vista now that they are being tested on it. Basic is more for the internet surfing, emailing, person, its self explanatory, its basic. Premium will have all of the features you will want most likely. It has the media center stuff and a whole bunch of other things that I can't exactly name off the top of my head.

64-bit will fully support that 4 gigs of ram. If you have 32 bit, you won't be able to utilize all of your ram.

for vista 64 bit, do i need special hardware, cuz i saw on some products it had a vista symbol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom