E3 2008 for Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
Ok, so they had a few cool things. Like Wii Music, Wii Sports Resort, some snowboard game, but seriously, they had NOTHING new. All just rehashes or expansions of what they already have, which quite frankly I am bored with.

I've had 3 different Wii's. Each time I get bored, sell it, and then eventually another game comes out or my girl friend wants one so I bought it again. Now my Wii has been sitting in its place for months. Without a group of people, it just sucks. There are no new games on the platform that appeal to the FPS, RPG, RTS lover like me. They may have a few RPGs and the like, but they are all the same old stuff, and by now I have grown accustomed to HD quality graphics and want more than their bubble figures.

They showed a slide that said Wii sells more games than Xbox 360 and PS3 by a large margin. While that may be true, they didn't state how that was measured. They probably took into account Wii Sports which comes with every console, and Wii Play, which is just a controller with some more little mini games. Now they have such a majority of titles so it isn't alarming that they may sell more games, but the individual games sell less. I don't know about many of you, but it still seems like the Wii is a fad. Whenever I'm at home by myself, I never look at the Wii, but will choose from either the 360 or PS3 because the Wii does not have much related to me or for single person play. That slide also showed PS3 software sales higher than 360's which I know cannot be true!! Xbox 360 has more titles, and every multiplatform title that is on both or all 3 systems, the 360 version sells more, so I have a feeling this slide was calculated very incorrectly. Not to mention the real attachment rates for next gen consoles is Xbox 360-7.2; Wii-2.3, PS3-2.2.

Oh and then they went on about their DS and how glorious it is and Pokemon and the like. The only real news they announced was "Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars" or whatever for the DS, and they didn't say it was exclusive, so it will probably be on the PSP as well.

I wasnt expecting much from Nintendo they already have reached their target audience they arent fighting a war like MS vs Sony so they have no pressure to put out something HUGE i love my wii and i wasnt dissapointed with their conference because i dont need anything more then new games

I have my PC for the hardcore scene. I wasn't disappointed because I wasn't expecting any hardcore games to make it to the Wii. Rather, I was satisfied with the briefing as Wii Sports Resort (w/ the new hardware addon) and that Star Wars game (which I'd never heard of, dunno if it was announced before the conference) look like a nice addition to the fun, casual library of the Wii. Also, GTA for the DS :)

The lack of Zelda stung a little even though nobody really suspected there to be a new one.

yea im an all around gamer i guess you could say
i love the wii and love the 360, used to love pc gaming when i had a nice pc

I like all games for the most part (except for turn based JRPG)

what i liked the most from the press conference:

the Wii MotionPlus for 1:1 motion sensing, too late for Lucasart to delay The Force Unleashed for Wii n include 1:1 in it, which they said could not be possible but HEY LOOK! NOW U CAN LUCASART! I highly doubt past Wii games will be BC to MotionPlus n use they hardware, there is no way but i can dream :).

Wii Speak, freaking genius! Now everyone can talk in the room! Hope SSBB will include it........na maybe not, not even Mario Kart Wii either.

Animal Crossing: City Folks, HOLY ****!! A must buy from me, loved the first one, n this game will use the Wii Speak too!

Wii Sports Resort looks fun, may rent it.

overall, Nintendo press conference was boring, n Wii Music looks fun but is stale, like if u try to mess up on any instrument in the game, u will still get the notes right lol i mean seriously, i watched the press conference on G4.

Oh and then they went on about their DS and how glorious it is and Pokemon and the like. The only real news they announced was "Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars" or whatever for the DS, and they didn't say it was exclusive, so it will probably be on the PSP as well.

Sam Houser said:
This [Chinatown Wars] is a game that will deliver a rich, fast-paced and intense 'Grand Theft Auto' experience that will be truly unique to Nintendo's handheld platform

Guess not. Sorry if that burst your bubble. I'm really excited for something on the DS. I only have Mario 64 (remake), Metriod Hunters which I got for free, and Mario Kart DS which is the only DS game I play frequently. So, hopefully this won't disappoint.

Get Elite Beat Agents for the DS. Seems stupid but it's such a rediculously fun and HARD game.

As for E3 it was pretty disappointing but the MotionPlus looks like the Wii will finally do what we all had hoped it would from the beginning.

This is a little off topic, but has anyone played Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles? Just want to get some opinions about it, looks pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom